Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Five thousand empty homes - one hundred ways to help
Monday, 18 March 2013 from 17:30 to 20:00 (GMT)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Please join us to find out more about how you could help to bring hundreds more Leeds empty properties back into use as decent homes.
There are more than 5000 homes in Leeds that have been empty for more than six months, whilst thousands of people are are either on Council waiting lists, or are struggling to find a decent affordable home to rent or buy.
We'd love you to be involved in helping Leeds Empties bring more homes back into use.
This is your chance to find out more about how to get involved. Over canapes and drinks you'll get the chance to talk with other people who want to make a difference in Leeds, and you'll also hear from:
- Tom Riordan, Leeds City Council's Chief Executive - who'll talk about how the Council is looking to work with other organisations to make progress on tackling big social issues
- Pam Warhurst, founder of Incredible Edible Todmorden and chair of the RSA's Yorkshire Network, who's passionate about the impact that small actions can have on local communities
- Rob Greenland and Gill Coupland - founders of Social Business Brokers - who'll tell you more about Leeds Empties and how they'd like you to get involved.
The success of the Leeds Empties approach - as demonstrated in this one minute video depends on a wide range of people coming together to work on a wide range of approaches to bringing empty homes back into use. We'd love you to be part of that - please join us.
Who should attend?
- People from local businesses and other organisations who want to get involved in bringing empty homes back into use in Leeds
- Local RSA Fellows who are interested in exploring how to get involved in Leeds Empties, which is currently being supported by an RSA Catalyst Award.
- Anyone else who wants to offer time, resources or expertise to help us to bring more Leeds empty homes back into use
The venue is now confirmed as Ebor Court, Skinner Street, Leeds, LS1 4ND. Skinner Street is near the junction of Wellington Street and the Leeds Inner Ring Road - on the opposite side of Wellington Street to the old Yorkshire Post Building.
It's a ten minute walk from Leeds train station. Limited, metered parking is available outside the building - and there is lots of on-street metered parking nearby - most of which should be free after 6pm. If you're coming by bike, you can bring your bike inside the building.
We'd like to thank the following people for contributing towards the costs of running this event:
- The RSA - who've supported us through their Catalyst Fund
- Leeds City Council
- Yorkshire Venture Philanthropy Fund
When & Where
Leeds Empties aims to encourage a range of ways to bring more of Leeds 5000 long-term-empty homes back into use.
Leeds Empties Week is taking place from 18th - 22nd March in venues across Leeds - more information is available at www.leedsempties.org.uk
Leeds Empties is run by Leeds-based social enterprise Social Business Brokers CIC.